10.15.2013

I Love You

One year ago I uttered those three words "I love you" to my RE.  Yes, my RE.  Not my proudest moment, but I had just turned into a babbling crying mess as he told me my first beta number was over 1200 and I was pregnant.  This is a day that will be etched in my memory forever.

It's not lost on me that it is also National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day and while I will always have the happy memory of what happened on this day, there are also many people and angels are etched in my memory forever.

  • Our own sweet little girl or boy who gave us so much joy for the 2 weeks we knew you existed.
  • My sweet niece who would turn 10 next month if she were on earth, but instead will remain 29 days old forever.  I never met her when she was alive, but she was truly the most beautiful little girl.
  • Our goddaughter who was born still too soon due to pregnancy complications
  • A friend of mine who's baby was born about a week after my little one, but was born still, with the cord around her neck
  • So many of my peer group and blogging friends who have experienced loss, many who have experienced multiple losses
  • Others who while they haven't had a miscarriage or death, still mourn their inability to get pregnant, for whatever reason.  
Today as I look at my Facebook timeline and my Twitter feed I am reminded of how many people suffer in silence.  I figure for every one person who posts something, there are at least 2 or 3 who have suffered loss, but don't say anything publicly. My prayer is that today, noone grieves alone, but is aware of the supportive community around them.   

2 comments:

Popular Posts