So here's a random rundown of where I'm at...
- Right now I am feeling very calm during this 2ww. My beta is still a week away but I am not anxious at all. I'm sure that will come as the week goes on. But for now, I feel peace.
- I will not be testing at home before the beta. When my beta is positive I will pee on all sorts of things.
- I've actually lost weight during this process. Not a lot, but a few pounds. My appetite has been weird. From retrieval to transfer my stomach was quite upset and especially meat just had no appeal. I'm feeling better now, but am trying to feed my body healthy, whole foods as much as possible. Yes, I have eaten lots of pineapple (as well as the core) and am trying to eat an avocado every day/every other day.
- My boobs are so sore -- SO SORE! I'm not sure I'm going to be able to sleep on my stomach much longer.
- I gave myself a pio injection in the car at the drive-in movie theater on Friday night. Hubby, who was sitting next to me, asked me when we got home if we needed to do my shot. When I told him I had already done it, he hadn't had a clue!
- As of today I am 100% exhausted. We got home about 5:30, I laid down and slept for about an hour, and I am STILL exhausted.
- I feel like I am peeing all of the time! I'm trying to stay well hydrated. I would, however, just about do anything for a Diet Mt. Dew right now.
- I am not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow after having 3 days off last week. Ugh...
- My cat is very pissed at me because I won't let him lay on my stomach/chest. It's one of our rituals at night -- I lay down on the couch and he comes and lays with me. Until Friday he was so mad at me he refused to lay anywhere but at my feet. Friday he finally came around and cuddled up next to me. Sorry kitty!
- I do have to say that every time I sneeze, cough, blow my nose or even go to the bathroom, I have visions of our embryo being pushed out. I know that's impossible, but still hard to not think about.
- I've got a runny/stuffed up nose which stinks. Luckily nothing else...hoping it stays that way. We had a 40 degree drop in temperature from Wednesday to Saturday so I'm hoping it is just from that and will go away very soon! Loading up on the Vitamin C!
- I'm feeling lots of twinges and pulls, especially on the left side of my stomach. The left ovary was the overachiever, and based on where she put the ultrasound wand during transfer, I think my uterus is located more on the left side as well. These twinges make me happy.
- I'm on twitter! You can find me at jjs_journey. If you are on twitter, let me know how to find you!
- I found this interesting chart of what happens every day post 5 day transfer... http://www.nyufertilitycenter.org/ivf/embryo_transfer
|One||The blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell|
|Two||The blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus|
|Three||The blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation|
|Five||Implantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop|
|Six||Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream|
|Seven||Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted|
|Eight||Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted|
|Nine||Levels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy|
I've been a bad commenter lately and am working on catching up.
Thanks again for all of the well wishes and positive thoughts and prayers!