10.30.2011

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

The Good:
  • I've lost 5 more pounds in the last week or two -- yeah!!!  I'm now down to about 7 - 10 to go to get to my goal weight (which is also my pre-married weight).  I've seriously tried to watch what I put in my mouth and not just eat to eat.  I've also tried to stay "cleaner" when eating -- less processed junk. 
  • In going along with that, I'm down to 1 can of diet pop a day.  Not sure if/when I can give it up completely...I did when I was pregnant last year.
  • It's getting colder, so it's time for hot drinks.  Besides hot apple cider and an occassional peppermint hot chocolate from Starbucks, I love Caribou Coffee's Hot Cinnamon Spice tea.  The only bummer is you can only order it online so I just bought myself a stash.  I'm not a coffee drinker, and not terribly found of plain tea either.  This doesn't really taste like tea at all and it smells heavenly!  And it is full of cinnamon -- which both my acupuncturist and naturopath suggest to kick my kidneys into action on the reproductive front.
  • We got to watch our 1 year-old goddaughter yesterday for a couple of hours.  She took to me quickly and didn't even cry when mom and dad left. 
  • I got to spend the day today with my dad working on his rental property, getting it ready for new tenants.  Always fun to spend the day with my dad. 
The Bad:
  • It's Sunday night already -- seriously -- how does the weekend go so darn fast?
  • It's trick-or-treat night.  Most of the kids are adorable and polite.  However, my pet peeve is kids who don't say thank you and instead their parents yell it from the sidewalk or car (and these kids are old enough to be able to say it themselves).  Of course, this also makes me sad because both my hubby and I are home to hand out candy instead of one of us being out with our child(ren) and one of us at home.  Our child should be 5 months old now...and celebrating their first Halloween.
  • Yesterday was the last farmer's market of the season.  This means winter is truly on it's way.
  • Watching my hubby with our goddaughter last night nearly ripped my heart out.  He's natural dad material. 
  • Two more pregnancy announcements this past week, bringing the grand total up to 3 in the last 10 days.  They say things happen in threes, so I hope we are done for awhile.  Of course, I am thrilled for all three of them (one is an IRL infertile friend I met through yoga), but I'm also sad for me.  One of them is a co-worker so already putting on the armour for shielding myself from all of the pregnancy talk around the office -- "how far along are you", "how are you feeling", etc, etc, etc.  I suppose it would be rude to keep my office door closed for the next 6 months?
The Ugly
  • My emotions.  Truly.  Not sure how anyone puts up with me these days.  I'm truly just pissed off at the whole world, and watch out if you catch me at a bad moment.  I'm feeling a bit passive aggressive and not at all talkative ... not a stellar combination.  Add in a bad case of insomnia, a neverending dialogue in my head, and it is a recipe for disaster.  I'm honestly thankful  my husband still seems to love me. 

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the weight!!! That is awesome :)
    I am sorry about the influx of announcements and I agree...always in threes.
    Have you had the peppermint hot chocolate from williams sonoma....OMG...HEAVEN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hot drinks! And that cinnamon spice tea sounds amazing! I'll have to look for something like that.

    Watching my husband play with my baby brother really hurts for me. Mom annouced she was pregnant with him after we had been trying for a year... So he's deffinitly young enough to be ours, and I sure feel it should have been my time and not mom's again. Jared is so great with him! Sometimes it's really hard not tearing up when Stuart's around.

    Mentioning threes... You should check out my first couple infertility poems. I think you might like them.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts