I'm a bit late in posting a new years blog -- so happy 2012 everyone! Many of you will be bringing home your babies this year (yeah!) while others of us will hopefully get our BFPs and sticky babies this year. I saw this on Josie's blog and thought it was fun (love the name of her blog btw). She recently gave birth to a very adorable Stella after iui.
1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
started going to the chiropractor -- I know it's a small thing but I grew up in an anti-chiropractic house believing that once you start you can't stop. I tend to have a very tight back, shoulders and neck, so after lots of consideration, I decided to give it a go. The first one I went to did not click with me (she made me watch videos and wanted to see me 3x per week) so I found another who doesn't pressure me at all (and has an AMAZING roller bed). \
2. Did you keep your 2011 resolutions, and will you make more next year?
I don't really make resolutions -- never have. I always hated going to the gym in January because so many people had made that their new years resolution, but by February, they had quit coming.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sister gave me another nephew and two of our couple friends each gave birth to their second.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No. Though back when we initially looked at adoption several years ago, we started the homestudy process, and I just found out that the guy who worked with us on that died very unexpectedly in the last couple of weeks. I'm not really sure why but it hit me hard.
5. What countries did you visit?
None, but lots of states other than my own.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
See a BFP that results in a sticky rainbow baby!
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
The day my nephew was born, and the great one-on-one cuddle time I got with him while he was in the hospital; my should have been due date; a weird summer (due to hubby's work), a fun trip in October with hubby.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting elected to a Board of Directors for a local community program
9. What was your biggest failure?
No BFPs :-(
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing worth mentioning
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A new mattress (exciting eh? I know you are jealous!)
An awesome package with my massage therapist which lowered the cost of each massage to about $30 -- love that!
12. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage, car payments, fun stuff like that
13. What did you get really excited about?
A long vacation with the hubby and 10 days in a row off of work!
14. What song will always remind you of 2011?
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
-Happier or sadder? Not gonna lie -- definately sadder
-thinner or fatter? Thinner by about 30 - 35 pounds
-Richer or poorer? About the same financially
16. What do you wish you'd done more of?
spending time with family and friends, scrapbooking, spending time on the water kayaking, looking at the positive side of things, focusing more on my needs vs the needs of others
17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Screen time, getting lost in Facebook world
18. How did you spend Christmas?
With my hubby's family (then with my family the next day)
19. What was your favorite TV program?
What Not to Wear
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
I Just Haven't Met You Yet (Michael Buble)
Someone Like You (Adele)
Blessings (Laura Story)
Lead Me (Sanctus Real)
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Spent the day with my best friend and went kayaking with my hubby. I turned 29 again! :-)
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I'm gonna say that is probably a given at this point.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
26. What kept you sane?
Massage, time with friends and family, meeting a whole new group of people through blogging, and feeling amazing support (sorry if that's super sappy). Truly, just knowing others are going through the journey, and writing a post and having others write the nicest things is truly amazing and lifts me up.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Try something to laugh about everyday.
We had a good new year. I was in a terribly bitchy mood on New Years Eve, but hopefully I covered it somewhat decently. I think I mentioned in my last post that I was expecting a pregnancy announcement from one of our couples friends. I knew they were trying for #2, but there was no announcement (their first was conceived on the first or second month of trying). They know generally that we have been trying for a long time, but no specific details. So she and I were sitting talking and she states "I can drink for new years. We've been trying to conceive (said for about the 3rd time that day) since August, but I keep getting my period every month. I really thought I would be pregnant in September." I truly think I must have looked at her like she was crazy. I responded -- "yep, so do I". What I wanted to say was "Really, welcome to my world. Did you really just tell me that you thought you would be pregnant within one month, and were getting worried after 4 months? Try going on about 60 months of TTC."
I think I need one of those massages now! :-)
I plan to still write about the transfer story, but honestly, don't have it in me tonight. After 2 days of strict bed rest and 1 day of...
I can't believe my transfer was already 9 days ago and I haven't written about it. Have I mentioned I'm exhausted? I went to b...
This post may end up being all over the place, but I have lots of thoughts going through my mind right now that I want to get out of my head...
I set this blog up a long time ago...about a year ago to be exact. I've been a little leary of starting...wondering if I will keep up o...
...much like I have regretted peeing on all pregnancy tests other than one (the one that told me I truly was pregnant). Peeing on those pre...