9.26.2012

Tomorrow is a No Shot Day

That can only mean one thing...I've been triggered!  Just minutes ago I gave myself the two trigger injections, following a fantastic appointment today.  But let me back up.

Monday when I got the phone call to keep doing stims and that I didn't need to be seen again until Wednesday I was a bit defeated. The nurse I saw didn't really tell me anything and was pretty brutal with ole wandy.   I was pretty certain this meant I wasn't progressing as they would have liked.  So I contacted my acupuncturist Lindsey (who specializes in fertility), and went for a visit.

Tuesday morning I woke up feeling bloated and by the end of the day I had to unbutton my pants.  Tuesday night I got together with my infertility peer group (also started by the wonderful Lindsey).  These ladies are amazing and everyone is in different places in their journeys.  Much like this blog, it is nice to have other ladies who understand what I am going through and can offer advice, stories and hugs.  Last month we couldn't stop talking and before we knew it two hours had passed.  This month Lindsey set a timer so we would stay at an hour and we still went long.

This morning I went into my appointment feeling hopeful (and bloated) and really grateful for everyone who is cheering for us and praying for us.  Lab draw was first and she put the needle in and nothing came out.  So she moved it around a bit and still nothing.  This has NEVER happened to me.  So I am now sporting lovely bruises on both arms.  She felt horrible, but I told her in the end, if it results in a baby, I would forgive her!

Next was the ultrasound with a nurse I hadn't ever met before and she was AWESOME!  She explained everything to me, gushed about how everything had grown a ton since Monday, and that my lining looked perfect.  PERFECT!  She felt 90% certain that I would be triggering tonight and gave me all of the instructions for what to do.   Of course, she still had to wait for lab results before a final determination was made.  She assured me that if my retrieval was Friday, she and the nurse who has been my "case manager" would be by my side for the entire retrieval.  I left feeling really great and hopeful.

A couple of hours later she called and left me a message with directions and to call her back.  When I did, she explained everything in detail and answered every question I had.  Generally triggers happen 35 hours before retrieval, but mine was actually 37 hours as they think the trigger will help some of the smaller follicles mature and grow to the right size.

So that's it -- retrieval is set for 10 a.m. on Friday (we have to be there at 9:45) and that means transfer will likely occur next Wednesday.

EEKS -- this is really happening!

13 comments:

  1. OMG!! That's fantastic!! Will be thinking of you and hoping for very good news soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! Too exciting!!!!! Can't wait to hear what happens!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting!!! Can't wait to hear about the ER. Best of luck to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like everything is shaping up about as well as it possibly could! Good luck with the retrieval tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! Good luck for your retrieval! And your transfer will be the day after mine next week! Here's hoping we both have something amazing to celebrate in a couple of weeks. Fingers crossed for you x

    ReplyDelete
  6. EEEEeeeeeeee!!!! So exciting. I'm cheering and rooting for you. I will be thinking of you tomorrow morning. I trust that all will go well, and that many good eggs will be retrieved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoping for the most successful retrieval tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy cow, I can't believe it's already time, your posts have been so calm!!! Good luck tomorrow, I will be waiting to hear an update....make sure to baby yourself this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you luck with retrieval. Can't wait to hear how many eggs were retrieved. Rest up and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck at your retrieval! Hoping it goes really well, and recovery is easy. Can't wait to hear the report!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So excited for you!!! Looking forward to good reports!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm behind on my blog reading / commenting from being out of commission last week for my FET, but just wanted to say congrats on your ER! Can't wait to hear how it went!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts